The aim of the true Brotherhood is to cultivate a brotherly feeling among men, and to help whomsoever he can. Consider thoroughly the step you propose to take. Application (pdf)
The Royal Order:
- Has for its foundation—the great basic principles of the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man. No Atheist can be a brother.
- Strives to teach a man the duty he owes to God, his neighbor, and himself.
- Teaches the practice of virtue, and makes an extensive use of symbolism in its teachings.
- Charity is directed towards those who, from unforeseen circumstances and through no fault of their own, have met with misfortune.
The Royal Order is not:
- A benefit society. No man should join with hope or expectation that he will derive any financial benefit.
- Contrary to the principles that mark a man of upright heart and mind.
- Inconsistent with one’s civil, moral or religious duties.
- Interfering with religion or politics.
- To be entered in the hope of personal gain or advancement.
- To be used for mercenary or other unworthy motives.
Qualifications for membership:
- Be of Hawaiian descent
- Loyalty to one’s country
- Cheerfully render obedience to every lawful authority
- Men should come to its doors entirely of their own free will
- Favorable opinion of the institution
- Desire to be ranked among its members
Financial obligations upon admission:
- You should be able to pay without detriment to yourself or those dependent on you.
- Fees and contributions payable on your entrance.
- Annual subscription for the support of your Lodge.
- Time-to-time you may be asked to contribute for the relief work connected with the Order.
You shall be notified:
- If you are elected to receive the Degrees of the Royal Order of Kamehameha I along with time, date, place, and dress code required.
- If you are not accepted, your application fees will be returned to you.